The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship Application Form
The Anhelo Project is a non-for-profit organization that consists of a group of student leaders and professionals from various educational institutions and community based organizations in Chicago. Our goal is to support undocumented students, many of whom despite growing up in the United States and earning a high school diploma, continuously face challenging road blocks when pursuing a post-secondary education. One major obstacle being financial need due to ineligibility to apply for federal and state financial aid.
The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship we be awarded to deserving undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate leadership, academic competitiveness, community involvement, and financial need.
The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Be an Illinois resident attending a college or university located in the State of Illinois.
* An undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full-time for the Spring 2017/Fall 2017 semester at an accredited college or university located in the State of Illinois.
*High School Students are only eligible having earned a minimum of 12 credit hours at a college or university at the time the application is submitted.* Must register as a full-time student for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 semesters.
* Be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA minimum of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
* Should demonstrate leadership through community involvement either on and/or off campus.
* Must demonstrate ineligibility for federal financial assistance and financial hardships for Spring 2017 semester and 2017 -2018 Academic year.
* The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship recipients must commit 20 hours of volunteer time to The Anhelo Project events during the following academic year.
* Holders of F-1 student visas and international students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
* As of 2016 DACA recipients are eligible to apply due to ineligibility for federal financial assistance.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents in PDF format to email@example.com by January 13, 2017 at 11:59PM:
***Incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship***
1) The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship application (must be submitted by January 13, 2017 at 11:59PM)
2) Two Letters of recommendation on letterhead:
* One from an advisor, counselor, professor or college administrator stating your academic success.
* One from an advisor, professor, college administrator or community organization stating how your undocumented status has impacted your ineligibility for federal financial assistance and financial hardships for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Both letters need be signed and submitted by recommender, in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13, 2017 at 11:59PM.
3) Copy of official transcripts. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted with a written statement explaining why you cannot submit official transcripts at this time.
4) Resume and/or CV
5) Proof of income - a scanned copy, of your (and spouse’s if applicable) and/or your parents’ 2015 Federal income tax returns and W2 forms (NO EXCEPTIONS). If you were born after January 1, 1992 you must submit parent income tax forms and W2's.
6) Signed application checklist.
To access the 2017 Dream Scholarship form for the scholarship, please go to: http://bit.ly/1SbeUzf
NOTE: As part of the Dream Scholarship Application process, make sure you download this checklist, sign and date and submit to us. We want to make sure all of your documents and requirements have been met. To download checklist, please find it here.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The Anhelo Project's Dream Scholarship is not to be confused with the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship - for information on the Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship, please visit: illinoisdreamfund.org.